Dormatory & Classroom
You will be staying on campus in a dorm setting and assigned to a room with one or more roommates. We trust you will settle in comfortably and want you to consider your dorm room a ‘home away from home’. All rooms during the first two terms have a beautiful lake view, and all rooms have access to bathrooms and showers. Rooms are furnished with a twin sized bed, wardrobe or shelves, and a hanging space. During summer term you will transition into summer staff housing that may vary as to storage space and the number of roommates. As you prepare, please be advised that storage space is limited.
Suggested Packing List
- Casual clothing and shoes suitable for NW living
- Church and special occasion clothing
- One piece swimsuit (gals) swim trunks (guys)
- Flip-flops / shower shoes
- Personal toiletries, soaps & medications in portable tote or zippered bag. (Toiletries will be stored in your dorm room)
- First aid kit - band aids, ointments, etc.
- Laundry detergent & hamper
- Iron (ironing boards provided)
- Bible, pens, notebook
- Towels, bath mat & washcloths
- Swimming towel
- Bicycle / lock (optional)
- Stamps / Stationery
- Twin sized sheets, blanket, mattress pad, comforter & pillows
- Backpack or tote bag
- Personal ID & insurance card (International Interns: Visa, paperwork and proof of insurance)
- Spending money
- Cell phone with a carrier that has service on campus: Verizon or AT&T work best
Bedding, towels and pillow will be provided.
To Bring or Not to Bring…That is the question.
The interest of comfort and safety of all students, please consider the following list as you are preparing for your arrival at Adelphia. This list is not intended to be exhaustive. If in question, please contact us.
- Command hooks, etc. for decorating
- Musical instrument
- Small area rug
- Electric blanket
- Power strip
- Portable dvd player
- Over the door hooks to maximize storage
- Laundry hamper
- Alarm clock
- Laptop / printer
- TV / video games
- Refrigerator (available in dorms)
- Large musical instruments (call first)
- Microwave (available in dorms)
- Space heater
- Firearms / fireworks
- Drugs / Alcohol / Tobacco
- Large exercise equipment
- Electric cooking appliances - Toaster oven
- Coffee maker, Hotpot, Popcorn popper, etc.
- Nails / Tacks for walls
Good to Know:
- Students must supply their own twin-size sheets, blankets, comforter, pillow and towels.
- There are free laundry facilities available in the dorms, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Storage space is limited. Students will be provided with a space for storage and clothing.
- Wireless Internet access is available for student use in the Fireside Café, but not in the dorms.
- Students may bring personal laptops for use outside of the classroom. They are not required.
- Students must vacate rooms by 5 p.m. prior to Thanksgiving Break. Students are welcome to remain in dorms during Christmas, Easter, and Spring Breaks, although meals cannot be guaranteed if they are not specifically scheduled to work. (does not apply to International Interns)
Students are free to leave campus whenever class or work are not scheduled.
Click the link below to take our roommate survey:
Although student dormitories and classroom do not wifi, we provide it in our Fireside Lounge. Fireside is open and available 24/7, and students are welcome to browse the internet, host game nights, study, etc.. It's stocked with coffee, tea, games, and a small library of Christian literature.